As I walk through the produce section of my local stores or whenever I manage to make my way to the farmers market, I am always interested in trying something new and in-season. I’ll pick up just about anything I haven’t seen before, and try anything once; sometimes twice since you can’t always judge a food on your first bad experience. Walking past the pears I spotted miniature looking pears, it looked like the baby pears sitting next to the mom and pop pears, I giggled when I saw how cute they were.
Naturally, I picked a few up and started brain storming like I usually do – and it drives me crazy and turns what should have been a 20 minute grocery shopping trip into an hour. My husband is a saint for putting up with me at times! So these almost bite-sized pears are called “Seckel Pears” they’re believed to be a hybrid between Asian and European pears. A Seckel is very sweet with a subtle spicy flavor, in season between late Summer and early Spring.
I decided to use ingredients I already had sitting in the pantry for the idea with some super convenient Caramel Apple Wraps and Candy Melts. I love making gourmet foods but sometimes, it’s all about the convenience. These would be super quick and easy to throw together the night before a party or potluck.
- 5 Seckel Pears
- 1 (6.5oz Pkg.) The Original Caramel Apple Wrap
- 1 (12oz Pkg.) Wilton White Chocolate Melts
- ½ (12oz Pkg.) Wilton Dark Chocolate Melts
- Preheat oven to 200F. Wash & dry pears. Remove sheets of paper between caramel wrap. Cut tiny hole for pear stem to poke through middle of caramel wrap. Press around sides of pear, stretch to cover pear. Cut off excess caramel and place on lined cookie sheet.
- Heat in oven 5 minutes.
- Cool in refrigerator 20-30 mins.
- DECORATE: Melt White Chocolate in microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Dip Pears in White Chocolate, return to lined baking sheet.
- Return pears to refrigerator 5 mins to chill
- Melt Dark Chocolate in microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted
- Drizzle Dark Chocolate around pear with fork or Wilton Squeeze Bottle
Products I used for this recipe: