This week has just been dragging! The hubby has been sick with an upper respiratory infection and I have been doing everything to try and get him to feeling better with a little help from a z-pak and other medications. This morning, Dave finally dragged himself out of his self-induced medicine coma, came out to the living room with those puppy dog eyes “hey, honeeeey”, yes? “could you do me a huuuge favor” hmm, maybe.. (oh no, I was getting a little panicky) “will you make me some pancakes, pretty please” (phew)
Okay honestly, how could I possibly say no to my adorable sick hubby who hasn’t had much of an appetite at all over the last week. #iadorehim
Normal buttermilk pancakes wouldn’t do, I wanted to do something special, something a little different…and I know, you’re probably thinking…”get on with it woman” so here’s the recipe..
- 1¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk milk, pumpkin puree, white chocolate chips, butter, and egg in a separate bowl, fold this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour ⅓ cup batter for each pancake and cook about 2 minutes per side over medium heat
- Serving suggestion: Serve with a sprinkle of white chocolate chips, butter, caramel topping, and maple syrup. Yum!